Getting tired of Singapore's urban jungle? Then you should visit MacRitchie Reservoir Park. it is a 12-hectare park anchored by Singapore's largest reservoir which is a popular destination for nature lovers and fitness conscious individuals. It is the oldest reservoir in Singapore and offers hiking trails and recreational activities, both on land and in water.
MacRitchie offers a 11km nature trail loop known as MacRitchie Trails which is located within the tropical rainforest of Central Catchment Nature Reserve. To date, the trails are still being used as cross-country running routes for various inter-school competitions.
Schools are regularly using the reservoir as a place for water sports such as canoeing and kayaking. There are certain competitions held here annually. Avid water sports enthusiasts can also try their hand in kayaking and canoeing as these amenities are available for the public too. Kayaks are available for rent at the Paddle Lodge and they also offer Orientation courses.
Paddle Lodge schedule:
- Monday to Sunday 9:00am – 12:00pm and 2:00pm – 6:00pm (Last rental at 4:30pm)
- Closed on selected Public Holidays (New Year’s Day, Chinese New Year, Hari Raya Puasa, Deepavali and Christmas)
- Rates is $15 / hour for sit-on-top kayaks (novice zone only) and $20 / 2 hours for closed-deck kayaks, $35 / 2 hours for sprint kayak
|The zigzag bridge and Performing Arts Pavilion at the reservoir|
The iconic MacRitchie Pavillion is often used to host performing arts presentations and solemnisation ceremonies.
We entered the reservoir from the Venus drive going to the TreeTop Walk, Petaling Trail to Golf Link, Chemperai Trail to Lonie Trail and MacRitchie Reservoir Park as our exit point. It took us almost four hours to complete the 11 km circuit and I am glad to have shared this adventure with my hubby. It's undeniably one of the best bonding moment we ever had.
|the submerged boardwalk at the park|
With so many attractions and scenic spots to offer, MacRitchie is an excellent destination for anyone who loves fun and the outdoors.
- MacRitchie Reservoir is served by multiple bus services : 52, 74, 93, 130, 132, 156, 157, 162, 162M, 165, 166, 167, 852, 855, 980) that stop right at its doorstep.
- The closest train station to the reservoir is Marymount, approximately 1 km away. Take a bus (services 52, 74, 165, 852, 855) to get to the reservoir from Marymount MRT Station.