In every entry to Singapore, we are given an automatic 30 days social visit pass. PR's (Permanent Residents) and Singaporeans can sponsor their immediate family members for an extended stay. For us regular tourists, we can also extend our visa for 30 days via online (e-XTEND).
1) Check if you qualify. If you can fulfil the following conditions, then you can submit an online application:
- You have not previously obtained an extension of stay on this trip
- Your visit pass has a remaining validity of at least 3 working days from the date of submission
- You will not return to Singapore within 5 days from the departure date of your current trip
- You should agree that you will not be seeking any (further) extension after this application, irrespective of the outcome.
2) Prepare the documents required. You will need the following:
- Your travel document (your passport)
- (DE) card - your immigration card
- Credit/debit card
3) Go online (extend.ca.gov.sg) and fill up the form, screen shot below:
4) Wait 24 hours for the approval / rejection / appointment.
5) The next working day, visit the website again, key in your passport and DE#
- If approved, the system will give you a link to pay online thru credit card, fee is $30.
- If conditional approval, appointment letter will be given. Print out the appointment letter and follow the instructions written, complete whatever documents were asked and go to the ICA building for your appointment. It is a MUST to bring a local sponsor for every appointment with ICA. (Local sponsor could either be a Singaporean citizen or a Singaporean PR - Permanent Resident).
Here's the address of ICA:
Immigration & Checkpoints Authority
4th Storey, ICA Building
10 Kallang Road
(Next to Lavender MRT station)
Monday to Friday : 8.00 am to 4.30 pm
Saturday : 8.00 am to 12.30 pm
Here's a screen shot of the extension approval:
Here's a sample printout of the extended visit pass reflecting the new expiry date: