Hidden Lagoon was originally not in our Coron Ultimate Tour itinerary. Due to the dispute between the Tagbanua people and the local government regarding "tourist fees", Twin Lagoon which should be one of our destination was temporarily closed pending settlement of the dispute. As a replacement, our tour agency brought us to Hidden Lagoon, I will never know the difference, because this place is also a paradise!
It has been raining since the day I arrived in Coron , but the rain won't stop us form having fun, its not everyday that we'll have this chance to expirience this paradise on earth.
It is never easy to takes good pictures when its raining, I am not so happy with my shots but I hope you will still enjoy them:
I love nature trips like this, but the funny part is that I don't know how to swim! hehe.. I grew up beside the sea, and literally spent all my life loving the beach but I have never dared myself to learn how to swim! So I don't go anywhere without my bestfriend.. a life vest!
And another funny part about me is that, it is my doctor's order for me to stay out of the water. Why? I just had a ruptured eardrum surgery 3 years ago, against doctor's order I went snorkeling in Bali a year after and it got ruptured again. Did not go for another surgery but I visited a doctor a few months ago and my eardrum healed on its own! Which is a miracle for me because according to science at my age, it won't heal as fast as when we are younger. The doctor said it is still soft so make sure not to do some snorkeling again.. don't worry I did not, but I have my ways of enjoying Coron....
Tips in island hopping or touring anyplace with unpredictable weather:
1) bring a waterproof bag, you need to secure your things, you need to keep your camera, cell phone, your wallet and your towel dry!
2) Bring a lot of Ziploc. We went to Kayangan Lake and you have to climb so how can you bring your camera when the rain is incessantly pouring? Ziploc! very cheap and a best friend of every traveler.
2) bring a bottle of water, most of the time free drinks goes with the free lunch not all throughout the tour and you have no where to buy it when you are in the middle of the sea!
3) bring a basic emergency kit, one of our companion had an encounter with the sea urchins and good thing one of us brought a rubbing alcohol
4) bring some bread / snacks for the fish feeding session... and for you! You will need it after all that time spent swimming, believe me.
5) Most important of all, Enjoy!!
I am not done with you yet Coron! See you soon... my paradise.