Universal Studios is finally in Southeast Asia!!! This is the second one in Asia (next to Japan) and one of the star attraction in Resort World at Sentosa Island, Singapore.
Universal Studios soft opened on March 18, 2010 and after 2 weeks with much anticipation I traveled 5 hours by land from Malaysia ... alone.. Just to see the place! I arrived a day earlier to make sure I'll be there before the gate opens... The tickets are limited daily so better be sure you can get one!! I don't want to waste all that travel time to see nothing! I was back again by July 2010 to tour the place with a friend from Dubai... Universal Studios officially opened on May 28, 2011.
Universal Studios Singapore is divided into 7 zones:
|The 7 zones of Universal Studios, map source: http://www.singapore-vacation-attractions.com|
1) Hollywood Zone- Themed after the real Hollywood Boulevard with its famous Hollywood 'Walk of Fame'.
2) New York Zone-Themed after post-modern New York City. Come Let's stroll New York streets!!
For more New York Zone photos please click this link.
3) Sci-Fi City Zone - a futuristic city and metropolis .
4) Ancient Egypt Zone- here comes amazing Egyptian Architecture!
For more photos of Ancient City please click here.
5) The Lost World Zone - You can find here Jurassic Park and Waterworld.
For more photos of the Lost World Zone please click this link.
6) Far Far Away Zone- here It's all about Shrek and Fiona!
|Far Far Away Castle|
7) Madagascar Zone- features all of the characters from DreamWorks Animations' Madagascar.
Here's the official website of Universal Studios Singapore:
Universal Studios Operating Hours:
10:00 am to 7:00 pm everyday
Universal Studios Ticket Price (in Sing $):
|(Ages 13 to 64)||(Ages 4 to 12)||(Age 65 and above)|
One Day Non-Peak Pass1
One Day Peak Pass1
Two Day Pass1
To make sure you can get in, buy tickets in advance!!! If you're out of Singapore then buy tickets online. Enjoy Universal Studios!