Did you know that living with a pet is good for you?
Consider these facts:
- Pet owners have lower blood pressure and lower cholesterol levels and in general, this puts them at a reduced risk for heart disease.
- Pet owners report fewer headaches, fewer bouts of indigestion and less difficulty sleeping.
- Dog owners in particular, exercise more though you can certainly get exercise playing with an energetic cat or kitten.
- Pets help safeguard against depression or loneliness.
- Pets actually help improve social skills.
- For children, owing a pet improves their self esteem - someone who loves them unconditionally and wants their undivided attention.
- Pets reduce the number of visits to a doctor by elderly patients
- Pets help to ease loss. An older person whose spouse has died is less likely to experience deterioration in health if he or she is attached to a pet.
- Your pet may just get you into heaven.
I can't remember a point in our life without a house pet. We always have a cat at home, and at least 2 dogs plus occasional piglets my mom would bring home... (We used to have a piggery). I can even remember literally sleeping with our pigs whenever our mommy pig will give birth! I take turns with my brother helping our mom to assist in the birthing process. The piglets are so cute! I remember petting 2 with my brothers when they grew up and ready to be sold, we hated our mom for a week! and never petted a piglet again.
I have my own house now and planning to have my very own pet!! A cute puppy sounds good... can't wait!
Enjoy photos I have taken of pets we have at home and from neighbors/ friends!
|my nephews and niece with their pets!|
Camera Used: Panasonic Lumix Fz35
Check also my other photography challenges!
-Photography: A Self Expression
-Love Through my Lens
-black and white photography